There are at least two ways to personalize wine. You can either have a custom label printed or have a design and text etched on the very bottle. The second approach is a lot classier, in my opinion. Labels are, of course, a cheaper solution. The reasons to choose the etched option are as follows:
- If you are purchase wine or champagne for a special occasion and happen to have found a good quantity of vintage bottles you can engrave those bottles while preserving the original labels that visibly prove the quality of the wine.
- A good vintage wine bottle with an etched inscription can be preserved as a keepsake.
- Engraved bottles may have some interest for collectors. If you have bottles etched for your wedding, anniversary or perhaps some other occasion you are creating valuable items that may be of interest for future connoisseurs. It is therefore advised that the design contains a date and description of the memorable event.
- Etching is a very fine art, thereby your engraved wine bottles can surpasses printed labels in originality, style and other aesthetic qualities.
- An added bonus: no matter how inebriated the guests at a wedding might become, they will be not likely to forget the names of the bride and the groom, because they are forever etched on the very bottle that’s in front of you 🙂